Sunday, March 08, 2009

Any other child-hearted geeks out there remember this show?

Talk about randomness: this morning I woke up thinking of old songs I haven't heard in a long time, and one in particular got stuck in my head, though being what it is I'm not complaining. It's the theme of a sadly short-lived TV animated series, which I don't think many out there have even ever heard of, much less enjoyed, but when I was a little kid I was a great fan. My mother taped all the shows on an old cassette (which I lost quite some time ago).

There's a time when the moon reveals its face through the clouds
I let out a sigh and want to cry out loud

But deep in my heart, I feel love so alive
In the depths of my soul I know we will survive
I'm the one they would break in their greed and their pride

But deep in my heart, I feel love so alive
In the depths of my soul I know we will survive

Hereby nominated for one of the best animated shows' themes ever! :P

And of course, the video for the show itself ... (Sorry for the poor quality, can't find any better.)


(Seriously though, ain't she got a beautiful voice?)

I've also found another 'version' of the Intro, the Instrumental (just the theme, no vocals), and being a sucker for Instrumentals, I can't resist posting it here as well, now, can I? :P (It's very good, too. Love the percussion fusion with the synths. OH THE NOSTALGIA!)

Seriously, where've all those terrific 90s-era shows gone? I'm not that young dangit, I still remember the joys of this show and others that used to play back then ... Now we've got utter shit like Hannah Montana (IF I HEAR ANOTHER MILEY CYRUS COMMERCIAL ON TV OR RADIO I'LL FUCKING MURDER HER) and such bullshit. Very, very depressing, what kids are growing up with these days. No wonder they all seem to be morons.

Back when I used to draw (you know, before I discovered da PCz and da Interwebz and got hooked like a junkie mainlining heroin) this was by far one of my favorite things I'd just spend days and days drawing. I even went out at Halloween disguised as her ... thereby establishing the rumor that I was gay and very lonely. >_<

I wasn't gay.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

You can post any sort of feedback or questions you like, just as long as you abide by the rules detailed in the About section. =)