Saturday, May 02, 2009

High school teacher punished for saying that stupid belief is stupid

Well, something like that. Yet another example of how those poor little Christians can't suffer to have any of their dumb beliefs questioned or criticized: this veteran high school teacher is being sued by one of his students for having made mean remarks about Creationism in his classroom.

SANTA ANA – A Mission Viejo high school history teacher violated the First Amendment by disparaging Christians during a classroom lecture, a federal judge ruled today.

James Corbett, a 20-year teacher at Capistrano Valley High School, was found guilty of referring to Creationism as “religious, superstitious nonsense” during a 2007 classroom lecture, denigrating his former Advanced Placement European history student, Chad Farnan.

In Honest America, he would've been cleared of all charges, of course. Nothing but truth in what he said, it doesn't constitute slander in any way (hint: slander is spreading false rumors). Creationism is religious. It is superstitious (which is kinda what religion is, too), and most of all, it is nonsense. When something like Creationism has less than zero scientific support for it and simple isn't so, that makes it "nonsense" by any definition.

But this isn't Honest America, it's Idiot America. And so, of course, the man was found guilty of violating the First Amendment – a bogus trumped-up charge to boot, seeing as the First Amendment protects one's freedom of expression. Saying that something is stupid is hardly in violation of that, as no-one was prevented or censored from saying anything. They just didn't agree with it, which is totally fucking irrelevent.

Another thing that comes to mind is how, once again, those Poor Persecuted ChristiansTM are using any criticism against their dumb beliefs as a symbol of being persecuted as a whole in their religion. No, criticizing one aspect of a faith is not criticizing the entire faith, morons. It means ... criticizing one aspect of a faith. Saying that one of the things you believe in is worthless and silly is not slander against your entire stupid religion, it just means that little part of it is worthless and silly. Get over it.

And thirdly, may this self-righteous Creationist moron Chad Fernan suck a big one. His beliefs are stupid and silly, so let the world know it.

But of course, wouldn't you know that in the end, it all bogs down to those notorious "Constitutional Rights", eh?

"We are thrilled with the judge's ruling and feel it sets great precedent," said Farnan's attorney, Jennifer Monk, who works for the Christian legal group Advocates for Faith & Freedom in Murrieta. "Hopefully, teachers in the future, including Dr. Corbett, will think about what they're saying and attempt to ensure they're not violating the establishment clause as Dr. Corbett has done."

Chad Farnan and his parents did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment, but released a prepared statement through their attorney: "We are proud of Chad's courageous stand and thrilled with the judge's ruling. It is a vindication of his constitutional rights."

In what diseased and retarded interpretation of the Constitution is merely saying that Creationism is stupid, anti-Constitutional? That's Freedom of Speech – that's Mr. Corbett's Freedom of Speech that's being impeded here. Yet I don't hear anyone complaining about that. Hypocrites, anyone? Or just plain fucking liars? (Both?)

But then, what more do you expect from halfway competent lawyers who work for a firm called "Faith & Freedom" ...?

Anyway ... Now Mr. Corbett's fees and punishments for his ghastly crime are being calculated. It's not enough this Fernan dumbass has embarrassed the teacher like this, now he wants to bleed him dry, too. Is it illegal for me to say that Fernan is a pretentious, self-serving arrogant moronic ignorant bitch?

Hope so. Maybe he'll take me to court too ... Maybe there I'd have a chance to tell those half-ass clowns parading as lawyers how insulting Creationism, in addition to not being anything like insulting Christianity as a whole and being entirely honest and truthful, is perfectly allowed.


Well holy heck. Did a little more reading on this matter, and turns out this Chad Fernan bloke is a 16-year-old. I may not always be for the gratuitous insulting and disparaging of young kids, but frankly, a) he fucking deserves it if he takes a teacher to the courts just because he didn't like what he heard, and b) I'm one year older than he is. So frankly, I'll dish on him however much I want. :P

Poor misguided fool also has his own little website set up for this idiocy: chadfernan.com. EMail: chadfarnan@yahoo.com

This was not an easy thing for me to do. As my family and I listened to the tapes of Dr. Corbett and his anti-christian views, we prayed for him everyday and hoped that he would stop. My parents told me that I didn’t have to deal with this and they would just take me out of the class. But as I prayed about it, I thought about my christian friends and other kids who had to leave his class, I also thought about the other kids who don’t know God and wouldn’t want to know him by the end of the year after hearing what he was saying. At that time I knew God was calling me to do something but I was afraid. Why me, I am only a 16 year old kid? I knew I had to step up and do what God was calling me to do even though I was scared. I knew I was going to be persecuted and that it would not be easy. But I also knew, with all my heart, it was the right thing to do.

Holy hell. Just for expecting others to read that delirious diatribe, and for him believing in it, I call him one hell of a deluded, ignorant, dangerously stupid and downright deranged self-righteous imbecile.

(via Pharyngula)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

You can post any sort of feedback or questions you like, just as long as you abide by the rules detailed in the About section. =)