Thursday, June 04, 2009

Four new songs from my 'The Path to War' Soundtrack

Preliminary Info: The Path to War is a planned trilogy of novels I've been penning on and off for about five years or so now. Quickly put, it tells the adventures of James Hania, a mid-1500s rebel prince in the fictional Land of Norath who becomes a warrior in order to try and survive against the evil Noran Empire and its Emperor, Lord Asmodai.

Merely as a project/hobby for the fun of it, I also started composing a sort of "soundtrack" for The Path to War. It's been going on for a while now, and below are the four music videos I've completed to date.

NOTE: These are not actual score pieces in themselves; they are merely themes, themes that will eventually be integrated into scores pieces.


James' Theme
By Joé McKen

Don't forget to view in High Quality!

This is a character theme for the main protagonist in my planned novel trilogy, 'The Path to War'. This particular theme is for James Hania, a rebel prince-turned-warrior who fights to survive against the evil Emperor Asmodai. (Very long story.) This theme actually has quite a long history behind it the basic concept of it is over three years old, I'd guess, which is ancient for me and is also the theme that acts as the Main Theme for the novels/story.

The music is mine.
The image used for this video isn't mine and I claim no ownership over it. I just found it somewhere with Google searching for forest landscapes.

Music composed & recorded with Sibelius 5.

Rate, comment and enjoy! =)


Asmodai's Theme
By Joé McKen

Don't forget to view in High Quality!

This is a character theme for the main antagonist in my planned novel trilogy, 'The Path to War'. This particular theme is for Lord Asmodai, the Emperor of the Land of Norath who tries to crush the rebels and any opposition. This is was a fairly simple theme to construct, with technical melodies I just piled over each other, basically, but I do like the end effect.

The music is mine.
The image used for this video isn't mine and I claim no ownership over it. I just wanted a pic about a "dark fortress" (ie. to represent evil and such), and found this painting of the Barad-Dûr fortress from 'Lord of the Rings'.

Music composed & recorded with Sibelius 5.

Rate, comment and enjoy! =)


Rebels' Theme
By Joé McKen

Don't forget to view in High Quality!

This is the theme that represents the rebels and general goodhearted opposition against the evil Noran Empire in my planned novels, 'The Path to War'. I wanted something a little Medieval-slash-Renaissance-sounding yet pure/noble. and I think I got it down right.

The music is mine.
The image used for this video isn't mine and I claim no ownership over it. It's the Emishi village from the fantastic 1997 movie, 'Princess Mononoke'. I needed a little "rebel village" to symbolize the one in my novels.

Music composed & recorded with Sibelius 5.

Rate, comment and enjoy! =)


Liliane's Theme
By Joé McKen

Don't forget to view in High Quality!

This is a romantic-like theme that symbolizes the romantic relationship between James, the protagonist, and Liliane, his romantic interest, in my planned trilogy of novels, 'The Path to War'. This has been the single hardest theme ever for me to write as it just never worked out well; I've finally nailed down a good enough version, so there.

The music is mine.
The image used for this video isn't mine and I claim no ownership over it. It's just something I needed to symbolize a romantic loving relationship, and a friend came up with a purple flower, so there. From Google, presumably.

Music composed & recorded with Sibelius 5.

Rate, comment and enjoy! =)

More videos will appear later as I complete them. I've currently got 3 more songs left.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

You can post any sort of feedback or questions you like, just as long as you abide by the rules detailed in the About section. =)