Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Strike Three for Don McLeroy

I know it's "old news" already (in blogosphere terms, anyway, seeing as it's a few days old), but I still need to mention and celebrate: Don McLeroy, the creationist dentist chairman of the Texas State Board of Education – the tool who endlessly promoted the passing of the ridiculous and false "Strengths and Weaknesses" policy regarding scientific subjects (especially evolution) – is no longer chairman!

On May 28, 2009, McLeroy's nomination as Chair of the Board of Education failed to gain Senate approval since only 19 of 30 Senators voted for him, falling one vote short of the 2/3 majority needed for approval.

Forgive the source of the article being Wikipedia (I know how y'all are foaming at the mouth for "reliable" sources), but all the reports I could find on Google seemed to stem from creationist or otherwise religious news sites, sites which I personally wouldn't trust to give me the time of day, much less news of this nature.

Of course, McLeroy is just one of many idiots already present on the board, and undoubtedly he still holds a certain amount of sway over them; at least he's just not officially chairman anymore. Unfortunately, it's likely that Gov. Perry will just name some other creationist idiot instead. Thus seems to be the road so often taken in Texas. But, for now, we can cheer.

I know I've been a bit lax on blogging the past few days, being busy writing and creating videos for my songs (three of which are now online), but I'm now stuck at school – which, of course, means I have plenty of time to blog now. =)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

You can post any sort of feedback or questions you like, just as long as you abide by the rules detailed in the About section. =)