Thursday, July 02, 2009

New Song: 'Faraway'

Faraway'
by Joé McKen

'Faraway'
Composed by Joé McKen

[Click "Continue …»" below to view lyrics]

[Verse 1]

The shadows are mounting tonight
Try to pull us apart with their might
Never gonna let you know
Never gonna let you go
I've walked those streets at night
Seen the shine of the blue moon on high
Shine with sparkles in the pools of the dawn
Wherever you are, I'll be drawn to you

[Verse 2]

Race like angels for the light
Look at me with those eyes so bright
Feel the safety in your arms
Why do they wanna rent us apart?
Do you know what you mean to me?
Do you know how you mean to be?
Cross the field and run the line
I promise you we'll be just fine

[Chorus 1]

Hold it, stop running away
So faraway
Hold, wait, I'm coming along
So faraway
I'm trying to find a way over to you
But you're faraway
I promise I'll do whatever I have to
But I'm faraway ...

[Bridge 1]

Yeah, yeah, yeah
Follow your heart into my hands ...

[Pre-Chorus 2]

Swim with the moon in the river
Catch the wind across the plains
Though the dark will come and blind us
We'll find a way to each other

[Chorus 2]

Wait, stop, I'm trying to find you
So faraway
Wait, please, just give me a chance
You're so faraway
I'm coming to find you, you know I will
But you're faraway
I'll fight 'til I die and never stop
Until we're together again

[Outro]

'Cause I'm faraway!
We're faraway!
Faraway!
Yeah, yeah, yeah ...

Don't forget to view in High Quality!

This is a song I've been working on for several months now; I've been going at it on/off, restarted once or twice, etc. I've finally got it down to its (for-now-) final form, though I may edit a few little things down the road. I have to admit, I'm rather proud of the main guitar riff; I could've sworn I heard it in a dream or something.

Music composed & recorded with Guitar Pro 5.2.

Rate, comment & enjoy! =)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

You can post any sort of feedback or questions you like, just as long as you abide by the rules detailed in the About section. =)